Share |

Friday, July 17, 2009

Stay

Only the mother
Knows the pain of the child
But does she really know mine
Every time she promises to stay?
Every time she accepts the wayward excuses?
Every time she swallows the constant abuses?
Does she understand how it hurts me
To see her all covered in bruises?


Once upon a time I did love her
And thought she was special
But that was so long ago
That was before my heart of stone
Before her selfishness manifested in me
The kind of hatred I harbour now
Before she pledged to stay for me
Without realizing how long she’d been gone.


Why does she say
That for my sake she will endure
When her soul is elsewhere
And her heart is frozen
Between us is the loudest of silences
And often we share awkward glances
That I never cease to wonder
Is she staying for me
Or am I staying for her...?

No comments:

Post a Comment