Share |

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Image Of Self Worth

If I had paid attention to deatail
I would have noticed how tall you were, how you stood above the rest
With broad muscular shoulders to carry all the debonair
And sophisticated air with which you carry yourself around
I would have seen that swagger that made the ladies swoon
And the men drool

If I had paid attention to detail
Maybe I would have noticed those beautiful and luscious pink lips
Which I imagine could kiss the sense out of me
And I wouldn’t have missed that deep dark baritone
That floated from them with such immense ease
That beautiful sound that turned everything you said
Into Arabic poetry

If I had paid attention to detail
Probably I would have seen that cocoa bean brown face
With deep-set aquamarine eyes that bore right into the soul
The square jaw chiseled by Michael Angelo himself
I would have noticed those high cheek bones
That beckoned whoever dared to stretch ever so slightly
And caress ever so gently

If I had paid attention to detail
I would have merely seen but not understood
I would have failed to comprehend
Your ego, the size of Russia
Your self love, so much more than you deserve
And your self worth, less than the price a toilet roll
So you see, it is because I forced myself to listen to the unsaid
That I realized that the said
Was but worthless bickering

No comments:

Post a Comment