Share |

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lost Spirituality

“Be still and know that I am Lord…”
They sang to me again and again
Until I could not get the rhythm out of my head
So stand still I did
Waiting for what? I can never tell
For how long? I can’t be too sure
All I know is that for what seemed like an eternity
I put my life on hold and depended on hope
I tried my best to be patient, to have faith
I looked upon their God for a sign
For a miracle to set me straight
And when I felt that all was futile? –
“Amazing grace how sweet the sound…”
Was thrown my way from all directions
They told me that it would take time
For me to receive the great benediction
And that it would come to me
At a time when I was desperate for it
Yet at the same time
Oblivious to my dire need for grace
So here I am, sitting in oblivion
Not sure whether it is blessings I seek
Or just peace of mind, a rest from their religion
And a long overdue reconciliatory communication
With the one I call my Father

No comments:

Post a Comment