Share |

Monday, July 27, 2009

He Answered My Prayers

That song that only you can play
That song that only I can hear
It was neither too loud nor too soft
A slow, gentle caress to my ears
Much like an angelic harp in the distance
An appropriate soundtrack to my uneventful life
I must confess though that I looked like an ass
Swaying to a silence that only we could decipher
Humming to a nonexistent acoustic strum
But their strange stares fazed me not
Because for once it was not about them
It was about you and me; about the song
It was about honesty, sincerity and purity
You were able to voice yourself without uttering a word
And with instinct rather than reason
I heard you loud and clear, needing no interpretation
But needing the serenity and comfort
That only our song can provide
A song that doesn’t play on the radio
Or on a broken gramophone that skips a beat
Instead it resonates in my heart
Where I control the frequency
And savour the serendipity
With a smile on my face to reflect
The grace in my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment