Share |

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Routine

I awoke with a smile on my face this morning…
No, wait, it was actually a smirk
People are always telling me that
instead of complaining about how little sleep I had
I should instead be grateful to be alive
I am, honest…
What I’m not grateful for is having to wake up so early
Don’t get me wrong, though
I’m not being lazy
I just don’t think I have to be up
way in the morning to prove a point
That over-definitive statement can be made
at pretty much any other time of day
the early bird may be the one to catch the worm
but I think I’d rather fish for catfish…
tastier and much more nutritious!
Anyway, when my reason for early morning “adventures”
happens to be a class I’d rather not attend
with a lecturer from the abyss
and annoying classmates from Lucifer himself
then no, I’m not in the least bit grateful
I’d rather have my toenails pulled out with pincers
until I’m screaming in agonized ecstasy
but since the process will be repeated
today, tomorrow and the day after for the next 365 years
I just grit my teeth, square my shoulders
suck in my stomach, turn my swag on and say
“Hey, it’s not that bad…it may be worse than I dreamed
but at least it’s better than I imagined.”

No comments:

Post a Comment