Share |

Monday, July 6, 2009

These Tears That Fall For You

This is for the one who matters most to me
For the one who makes me cry
A lot more than he makes me smile
But my tears of sorrow and despair
Are most often as a result of joy
And my anger is always because
Of the relief I get from knowing you

It breaks my heart to see you hurt
Especially when the pain
Is of your own doing
A consequence of your poor judgment
A trickle down from reckless desires
Not because you know not
It is because you are perfectly sure
But would rather not care

You want to be ahead all the time
Want to make all the decisions
To take the path of your choosing
But what, I ask, is the use of that
If you are not ready to have upon your shoulder
The privileged burden that is responsibility?

My pillow is soaked with tears that fall for you
Tears that I never have to beckon
They come to me even without consent
And I try my hardest not to stop them
Because I hope and pray everyday
That my inconsolable sobs
Will remain my own sign
That I have, still do and always will
Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment