Share |

Monday, June 21, 2010

Contimuum Spat

I knew that life would move on without you
The wind still blows, but it plays to a different tune
The sun still shines, just not on me
Everyone’s happy laughter hangs in the air
But to me it’s a faint echo in the distance,
Silent whispers in the background
I look down at my watch and I don’t see the time
Tick-tock-tick-tock-tick-tock-tick...
Just the faint reminder that it doesn’t wait
That it doesn’t stop and it won’t go back to fix me
Yet somehow I still can’t move forward
I can’t take those baby steps
I can’t say those elusive words
I am stuck in a timeless phantasm
Where I can’t let you go, yet I do not hold on
So I’ll just stop trying because the harder I try
The harder it gets; and soon it might get out of hand
Spiral out of control even and consume me
I’ll simply accept that you took a part of me
And when you walked out you took it with you
So I’ll give you that and work on protecting what’s left.

No comments:

Post a Comment