Share |

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Silence of the Sky

This house feels so empty, maybe too large even
Not a home anymore, not a place for family
Those soft echoes…almost too soft to hear
Yet just loud enough so we can’t ignore
Of silent whispers in the walls
And old reflections trapped in the mirrors
A subtle reminder of what was once here
Of who was once here
Babies running around the yard
To the ghastly soundtrack of your old lawnmower
The whole heartedness of our bond
That I was so fast to take for granted
Yet now I can’t, for the life of me
Ignore your penetrating absence
The constant chatter that drove me up the wall
Would now be a symphony to my ears
But there are no babies in the yard anymore
And there’s no you out in the lawn anymore
Just empty rooms and nostalgic pictures
And the lingering loss that will not fade

No comments:

Post a Comment