Share |

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Undisguised

As I stand, torn and broken
Naked and exposed
My most intimate out
For all the world to see
A darkened past brought out
And buried secrets exhumed
The sun fades into the shadows
And the rain turns to acid
My most precious burned to ash
Prized possessions turned to rust

Shall I feel fear?
Or wonder in amazement?
Vestiges of fiery rage
Set alight in the abyss
Snake up my vents
And implode in my heart
Now an empty pit of nothingness
Craving for loss and regret

A gaunt face stares back at me
Sunken eyes against a backdrop
Of sullen cheeks, tight lips
Holding back the words of my freedom
I stand handcuffed to a mirror
Forced to look back at the horror
That disgusting reflection
That hides behind lipstick and mascara
Once more rears its ugly head
When the golden threads are stripped down

No comments:

Post a Comment